Thursday, November 8, 2012

Vanilla Pumpkin Cupcakes


I am a failure when it comes to fall.  Why?  Because I don't like pumpkin!  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin anything.  It's all yucky to me.  However, my friend Bailey had a birthday coming up.  I found out she loves pumpkin so I decided to make some pumpkin cupcakes.  I couldn't find a good recipe so I combined about four or five and I guess they turned out alright.  (I didn't taste them of course, but my taste tester told me they were delicious.)  Recipe as follows.

Vanilla Pumpkin Cupcakes

1 box of French Vanilla cake mix
1 cup Sour Cream
1 can  (15 oz.) pumpkin
1/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
Mix together all ingredients above until well combined.  Pour into 24 paper lined muffin cups.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.  Let cool.



1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup  butter, softened
1 tsp.  vanilla
1 pkg.  (16 oz.) powdered sugar
1 tsp.  ground cinnamon
Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Blend in cinnamon. Spread or pipe over cooled cupcakes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment